DhakaTuesday , 19 October 2021
  1. 1Win AZ Casino
  2. 1WIN Bonus
  3. 1Win Brasil
  4. 1win Brazil
  5. 1WIN Casino Brasil
  6. 1WIN Official In Russia
  7. 1win Turkiye
  8. 1winRussia
  9. 1xbet apk
  10. 1xbet Azerbajan
  11. 1xbet Azerbaydjan
  12. 1xbet Brazil
  13. 1xbet giriş
  14. 1xbet Kazahstan
  15. accident

Goods worth more than Rs 50 lakh were burnt to ashes in a fire in Gobindganj

Md Magem Ali
October 19, 2021 12:27 pm
Link Copied!

Gaibandha representative,

A fire broke out in the clothes shop of a Hindu businessman, burning cash and goods worth more than Rs 50 lakh in two shops. A fire broke out at Kamdia Bazar in Gobindaganj upazila of Gaibandha on Tuesday morning.

According to the Gobindaganj Fire Service Office, police and eyewitnesses, locals saw smoke coming out of Ramesh Chandra Das’s clothes shop in Kamdia Bazar around 5 am today. They informed Gobindaganj and adjoining Ghoraghat Fire Service. The fire spread to the entire store before fire service personnel arrived at the scene. The fire also spread to the clothes shop of Biplob Akand. His shop was also partially damaged. Later, firefighters of Gobindaganj and Ghoraghat units of the fire service brought the fire under control. Cash, clothes and goods worth more than Rs 50 lakh were burnt in the fire.
Shop owner Ramesh Chandra Das is the general secretary of Kamdia Union Puja Celebration Committee. He said who or what could have set his shop on fire in the wake of the recent issue. Everything in his shop was burned in the fire.

In this regard, Gobindganj Fire Service Inspector Arif Anwar said, the matter is sensitive. Nothing can be said without investigation. However, Ghoraghat Fire Service is investigating the incident. Niranjan Sarkar, inspector of Ghoraghat Fire Service, said on his mobile phone that senior officials of Dinajpur and Dhaka would investigate the matter. Nothing can be said before.

Gobindganj Police Station OC Mehedi Hasan said the spot had been inspected. It is thought that the fire may have started from an electrical short circuit or a coil fire.

Meanwhile, the leaders of the district puja celebration committee visited the spot this afternoon. After the inspection, Ranjit Bakshi, president of the district puja celebration committee, said it was sabotage. The shop was set on fire from behind. They demanded a proper investigation into the incident and exemplary punishment for those involved and their arrest.